With PWT ACL version 3 we have completely rewritten our Joomla ACL extension from scratch. We dropped the support for Joomla 2.5 (you should run Joomla 3 by now!) and prepared the code for Joomla 4. The extension is now even more powerful than ever before. The interface has been updated and we have added new features and improvements, a few highlights:
- Clickable permission grid is now smart. It will only toggle between relevant action states to prevent conflicts and changes are saved instantly via AJAX.
- You can now copy permissions between groups and export permissions from one site to import the permissions in another Joomla site.
- The diagnostics tool is more robust and powerful, able to fix more issues than ever before and able to handle huge websites.
- A new ACL-wizard to easily setup backend access for existing or new groups that should only access a few components or categories.
- Two CLI-scripts to fix diagnostic issues or rebuild the assets database table on a regular base via cronjobs.
A quick look at PWT ACL 3
Check the updated feature page of PWT ACL for a complete overview of PWT ACL 3.
Free extension of your choice!
To celebrate the release of PWT ACL 3 any active subscriber of PWT ACL can choose between a free month subscription out of our new Joomla extensions. Login, visit your dashboard and choose between PWT SEO, PWT Image or PWT Sitemap and add the free subscription to your account! No active PWT ACL subscription? Get a PWT ACL subscription and you will find the offer in your dashboard as well.
Changelog PWT ACL 3.0.0
+ -> Added a wizard to allow easy setup of new group permissions
+ -> Added option to copy permissions between groups
+ -> Added export & import functionality to use the same permissions setup on multiple sites
+ -> Added option to show only editable contacts in Contact Manager
+ -> Added two CLI scripts for fixing diagnostic issues & rebuilding assets table
^ -> Renamed from ACL Manager into PWT ACL
^ -> Completely rewritten the extension from scratch, improved performance and code quality
^ -> Clickable permission grid now stores changes directly via AJAX
^ -> Diagnostics tool improved to detect more issues and able to handle very large sites
^ -> Improved backend access check to handle new backend menu's access
^ -> Permission grid only toggles between logic action states, preventing conflicts
- -> Removed support for Joomla 2.5
- -> Removed print options
- -> Removed sidebars for group and user views
Please find the entire changelog history on the downloads page of PWT ACL
How to update PWT ACL?
If you have an active subscription you can easily update PWT ACL via the Joomla-updater under Extensions -> Manage -> Update. To use this feature you need to set your "Download ID" in the ACL Manager component options. You can find your personal Download ID on your dashboard. Both Watchful Download Key as Download ID work. You can also download PWT ACL and install the package via the Joomla installer.
There is no need to uninstall ACL Manager first. PWT ACL will detect ACL Manager and remove the old version during the update from ACL Manager to PWT ACL.
PWT ACL Roadmap
The roadmap for PWT ACL is publicly available on the PWT ACL Roadmap page. You can vote on features to help us decide what the next steps are for our extension. Let us know if you're missing something on the roadmap, we're happy to receive your input!
Get PWT ACL
No subscription for PWT ACL yet? Get your subscription now and enjoy all of the new features and improvements of PWT ACL!